Why is it that most every morning i wake up unable to recount my dreams? I know I dream, no doubt i do, seldom lucidly yet always nonlinear and random to the utmost in there nature. They mainly comprise of jumbled thoughts, splintered images, and undecipherable sounds and spoken words that tend to sprawl out in front of my self conscious in the depths of REM. I remember colors that flash in my mind's eye like transparent bands of luminescent rays; metallic green, neon purple or the kind or orange red that emanates from a desolate street lamp in the middle of a pitch black expanse of road.
-On occasion i will catch a glimpse of a recognizable face or a familiar physique walking next to me or at the other end of a crowded hotel lobby, I may even exchange some form of garbled dialogue or a passing glance will lock our vision on each other for a fraction, only to see the notable figure transform to vapor. The very best of dreams, the ones worth recalling to this retched blog which no one reads (save one marvelous and understanding soul who shares in the release provided by opening up ones true thoughts on paper or via blog) are those which take place in serene landscapes or on far away secluded stretches of coast, where I lay idly watching the waves and clouds roll by like a train that never seems to reveal its last car until it rounds the final bend in the tracks.
These are the dreams that keep me socked in underneath my sheets and glues to my pillow long after the shrieks and whistles have ripped the silence of my room. They leave my mind feeling light, almost high in a sense, because I cannot recall any of my propensities for anxious thought or critical introspective reasoning which occur inside me at times for no apparent reason at all other than my preconceived notion that I am standing stagnant in a moving space that I perceive to be passing me at breakneck speed.
"Why such thoughts", i think. There is so much to be had and undertaken yet in this life. I have my family, i have my friends, i have the people i hold in high esteem and those i hold close to my heart because they share and accept the way i think and hold fast to those tried and true values of life that serve to show how kind and generous people are capable of being. I find supreme peace with realizations like these. This state of inner happiness is not in any way dissimilar to the way i feel after the best of dreams when i can wake up to the bright morning sunlight illuminating the walls of my room and think to myself that there are no conceptualized expectations for myself or for the hours of the day ahead.
-Well, nothing else to do but walk outside, enjoy the thousands of individual moments in my own time and continue to dream in broken images and flashing colors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment