You happen to be the most fantasticalay unique and genuinly understanding individual that it has been my privileged luck to encounter in this existence of mine. In truth, i believe there are no mix of emotions, words, or even well spoken notions by the most prolific artists and poets that could touch the true sense of love and respect i hold for you. Discribing the way it feels to know that I ocupy a place in your heart is a task to great to sum up in writing or even in spoken words, for that matter. But you can just tell by the way i look at you, and listen to you, and you ll know it when i am there for you in the best of times and in the most challenging situations. Its the very least i could do, especially for my best friend, and perminent partner in crime...and from one fellow Robert Zimmerman enthusiast to another, " It takes a woman like your kind to find the man in me."
Whenever i talk to you about a bad day, weather it be a shitty practice or just the natural grinding along of the day, whatever it is that was troubling me melts from my mind and desolves in your words of comfort. I am never in a more natural state than when i am with you. No matter what it is we occupy our time with, concerts, hikes, trips ,they all stand out in my mind as connecting moments that we share together on so many levels it would be shallow to mearly call us friends; we are, in this time and place, Soul Mates for each other.
I want you to know above all else that I Love you. I want you to know that we are both special people in our own right. We are in a sense pariahs because we hold fast to the tried and true values of a society not of this day and age, that chooses to neglect its own individuality and morals of chivalry for such reasons as popular opinion and monetary gain. We strive for each other, and for the peace of mind which stems from leading a life long harmonious existence with and through those around us while living in no particular way but our very own.
Its interesting to think that we could have had our time together, as a conventional pair. We could have indured the social strains and bridged our age gap and we would have done it all with smiles on our faces and gratified hearts in the knowledge that people need not accept or understand our motives and feelings. All we would ever need and count on would have been each other. Is this so different than we are now? We are as we are, the same as we ever were, and I pray the same as we will always be.
You mean more to me than I dare you can ever know, Alissa. Please know that above all else.
-Your Soul Mate,
Jose Alberto Cueto

I miss you, too much.
ReplyDeletemy best friend and my soul mate, I hope these words are still true.